Monday, May 18, 2009

Well Well Well

This is Nickie, Quinn's sister-in-law. I have taken over the charge of updating Quinn's blog. Cami and I will both be updating as much as we can from the letters we have received. Here is what is going on so far:
1. Quinn's first area is 1/2 of the island of St. Vincent. He is really enjoying it there. He only gets bitten by a bug about once a day, and that is usually at night.

2. His first companion and trainer is Elder Biver. He is from France (I think). They seem to get a long pretty well. Below is a picture of his first apartment. They have A/C but he says the only time it helps is when you first walk in a room and you get overtaken by a wave of cool, then you are right back to sweating again.

3. Because of the heat, hair is not a real necessity, so everyone there shaves their head. Quinn has joined in and as you can see, he now has no real hair yet. That is a long was from the wings and long hair he had a year ago. I wanted to post a before and after picture, but I could not find a picture of him with long hair, so you only get the after shot. This is him singing with a few other missionaries.

4. One P-day (day that they get to do laundry and fun stuff around the island) Quinn and his companion went to Montreal Gardens. I am including a few flower pictures that he took.


5. There are some very interesting areas around the island and of course Quinn will find them all. I believe "Mount Ever-Rest" is in the Montreal Gardens, but I have no idea where the sign is from.



6. Quinn has been to a place where they filmed part of "Pirates of the Caribbean" I am not sure what scene it was from, but from the sounds of it, it is absolutely beautiful.
7. Quinn has had his first baptism. It looks beautiful. They are teaching a family and are shooting for a goal of 5 baptisms this month. I know he has the strength to do it. He is working very hard, sun up to sun down. He is spending a lot of time in small towns. His area is so small they are only a branch with about 30 people coming to church each week. He spends time traveling to small towns around their 1/2 of the island.

8. This week should be transfers. He should be getting a new companion and I will update as soon as I find out what happened.

1 comment:

  1. Fun fun fun! Good job Nickie! It's good to see him out on the mission now, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete